As a Twitter follower of #startups #nyc, I have now skipped through hundreds, if not thousands, of tweets announcing “Time Inc.’s 10 NYC Startups to Watch – 2012“.
For those of us who studied Latin, we often are inclined to use the Latin Phrase “Res Ipsa Loquitur (the thing speaks for itself).”
Here is the shortlist of NYC startup companies to watch. Hard to believe this list and its progeny will support all of New York City’s venture capitalists.
1. Fancy Hands: “A team of virtual personal assistants ready to work for you right now.”
2. Truth and Beauty: “An online platform that allows users to create their own personal skincare blends.”
[Are you excited yet?]
3. Adaptly: “The easiest way to advertise and increase engagement across all social networks.” A true meta-morphosis.
4. Divide: “.Enterproid has created a user experience that allows IT to manage the work persona without compromising an employee’s privacy.” Divide and conquer.
5. Loosecubes: “Loosecubes is a peer-to-peer office sharing community.” O.K,, I have actually used it, but is just a database.
6. Stamped: “A social platform that allows friends to put their stamp of approval on what they like best.” Breakthrough.
7. Codeacademy: “A fun, interactive and easy way to learn code.” Flashcards for Rock Stars.
I am working on the energy to complete 7 through 10. Please check back.